We are aware that this must be an on-going process of improvement to both goods and service provided and internal housekeeping. It is the organisation's objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies, and our organisation's declared policy on environmental and energy to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to facilitate the ability to continually improve environmental performance. We will:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the organisation's equipment building plant and facilities operations
- Adhere to all relevant regulations concerning waste and environmental well-being
- Ensure that all sub-contractor operations are in-line with this policy, and that they are aware of their respective responsibilities in the environment
- Train all employees in environmental issues
- Minimise the production of waste
- Minimise material wastage and actively promote the use of recyclable and renewable materials
- Minimise energy wastage
- Set out commitments in relation to the main areas where the organisation has significant environmental impacts:
- Furniture sourcing, through sustainable forestry and recycled qualities
- Energy consumption as detailed in our energy policy statement
- Greenhouse gases - carbon management and emissions in the supply chain
- The purchase of contracted services
- Control of emissions from operations
- Minimise risk to the general public and employees from organisation operations and activities
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public.
All personnel understand their obligations under this policy statement, and abide with the principals and contents of the environmental management system manual.
The organisation constantly monitors and reviews its environmental performance and this environmental policy statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability, and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.